Titleist Vokey SM8 Jet Black Wedge
The shift that will reshape your wedge game. SM8 features a center of gravity that is pushed forward from the face, through the use of high density tungsten, producing a more consistent, pure strike that helps you hit your target more often.
SM8 takes the next innovative leap - pushing CG forward of the face in the high lofts. Maintaining the vertical, progressive center of gravity, while improving the CG depth (forward/back). This produces improved feel and stability, resulting in closer proximity to the hole.
To achieve the CG heights that produce exceptional ball flight, and push the CG forward of the face in the high lofts, Voke's team lengthened the hosel and counter balanced this weight with a tungsten weight low in the toe. The result is high, forward center of gravity and increased MOI. For golfers, this means improved feel, improved ball flight, and a club face that simply wants to square at impact for more consistent results.
- F Grind - is an all-purpose grind that is particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. The F grind is the most played sand wedge on Tour including Justin Thomas, Ian Poulter and Charlie Hoffman.
- M Grind - Voke’s favorite, is designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and closed to manufacture shots around the green. Ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots from a variety of clubface positions. Played by Charles Howell III, Patrick Cantlay and Cam Smith.
- S Grind - features a full sole that has been narrowed by a trailing edge grind, giving it a faster feel through the turf. This grind is best for neutral to firm conditions and for players that like to control loft with their hands ahead or behind the ball. Played by Jordan Spieth, Adam Scott and Lanto Griffin.
- D Grind - blends versatility from a heel, toe, and trailing edge grind and forgiveness with its high measured bounce. The D Grind is ideal for players with a steeper angle of attack who play shots from a variety of clubface positions.
- L Grind - lowest bounce option in the mix. The heel, toe, and trailing edge relief allow for maximum greenside versatility. This club is perfect for firm conditions and designed for precise players. It is ideal for players that have complete control of impact looking for maximum shot-making versatility. Played by Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker, and JT Poston.
- K Grind - highest bounce wedge in the lineup, and is the ultimate bunker club. The K Grind is a wide, full sole wedge with enhanced camber to make it forgiving from a variety of sand and turf conditions. Played by Justin Thomas, Adam Scott and Webb Simpson.