In the G425 hybrid, two shared PING innovations known as Facewrap Technology and Spinsistency combine to deliver more distance and spin predictability while offering numerous options to ensure proper gapping throughout a golfer’s bag.
: With the Facewrap design, a thin, high-strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speeds that result in greater distance and high launching shots.
: To bring more consistent spin performance, the faces of the fairway woods are engineered with a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face where the loft decreases approximately 2.5º to normalize spin and increase ball speed for more distance. Both player and PING Man robot testing revealed greatly improved distance results from Spinsistency, specifically low on the face, the most common miss-hit for fairway woods and hybrids.
- Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel body, maraging steelface, high-density tungsten-backweight, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
- Loft options: 2H (17º), 3H (19º), 4H (22º), 5H (26º), 6H (30º) and 7H (34º)
- Std. lengths: 2H(40 3/4"), 3H(401/4"), 4H(39 3/4"), 5H(391/4"), 6H (38 3/4"), 7H (38 1/4")
- Loft adjustability: 5 settings: +-1.5°(0, +1°, +1.5°, -1°, -1.5°)
- Lie adjustability: Up to 3°flatter
- Stock graphite shafts: PING ALTACB 70Slate (SR, R, S, X)