Ping Glide 3.0 Wedge
With deep, sharp grooves for higher spin and a lighter overall system weight for improved feel and control, the tour-proven Glide 3.0 wedges deliver shot-saving performance across multiple loft and sole grind options. Made from soft, 431 stainless steel, the rounded head profile, tapered hosel and more offset provide a clean look at address and better ball capture. A higher MOI head adds accuracy and an elastomer insert delivers a softer impact experience. Four distinct grind options, including the classic PING Eye2 SW, are engineered to fit golfers of all abilities. HydroPearl Chrome 2.0 finish repels water and reduces friction through the turf.
- Precision-Milled Grooves: Patented, wheel-cut grooves developed by PING’s engineering and manufacturing teams enable grooves with a sharper edge radius, which increases interaction with the ball at impact, creating more friction for improved spin and trajectory control. The grooves in the lower-lofted wedges (46°, 50° & 52°) are milled with a 20° sidewall and a .005” edge radius for optimal full-shot performance. The higher-lofted versions (54°, 56°, 58° & 60°) are milled to a .004” edge radius and a 28° sidewall to impart more spin, especially around the greens.
- Four Sole Grind Options:
- SS (Standard Sole): Mid-bounce sole with heel and trail-edge relief. Engineered for golfers with a moderate angle of attack. Exceptional performance in a variety of turf conditions.
- WS (Wide Sole): Most forgiving through the ground. Round and cambered sole with significant bounce. Recommended for golfers with a steep angle of attack who typically play in soft turf conditions.
- Eye2: Matches original Eye2 SW sole profile, hosel transition and high toe shape for the ultimate in bunker performance.
- TS (Thin Sole): Similar to SS with 3° bounce grind. Facilitates precise shot-making from difficult lies. Ideal for firm conditions and a shallow angle of attack.
- New DYLAWEDGE Grip: Five grams lighter than the original Dylawedge grip, the new version is softer and designed 3/4” longer than a standard grip with reduced taper to allow golfers to grip down for more versatility and trajectory control on finesse shots around the green.
- New, lighter shaft: PING Z-Z115 shaft made by Nippon is lighter (115g) and has a lower balance point closer to the tip to help feel the head for more control and versatility.