Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 Putter
Delivering what players worldwide have requested, Scotty’s new Phantom X 5.5 is not only a rolling change to a proven design. It’s as close to Justin Thomas’ Tour setup as you can possibly get. From prototype to full production, the new Phantom X 5.5 replaces its predecessor and includes the arc-enhancing small slant neck inspired by JT’s configuration, as well as the same overall sizing and material makeup.
Designed to promote a more flowing “blade-like” feel with the stability benefits of a mallet, the milled sight line on the topline provides alignment, while its clean craftsmanship instills confidence. The solid face/body is precision milled 303 stainless steel integrated with an aluminum sole plate and customizable stainless steel sole weights for pure playability. This combination of heavier steel and lighter aluminum moves weight to the perimeter of the head, increasing MOI, stability and forgiveness. The new Phantom X 5.5 is also available left-handed.
- SOLID STAINLESS STEEL FACE/BODY CONSTRUCTION: Precision milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel, each new Phantom X putter (5, 5.5, 11, 11.5) was designed with a solid stainless steel face that is carried through to the body/wings and integrated with an aluminum sole/flange component for performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
- TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Each new Phantom X setup evolved from player input specifically related to the line’s most popular models – the Phantom X 5 and Phantom X 12 – with requests for more compact overall head sizes, refined swept-back wings and more Tour-like configurations inspired by the design of those mallets.
- NEW NECK/SHAFT CONFIGURATIONS: The Phantom X 5.5 employs the small slant neck made famous on Tour with its seamless shaft-over configuration.
- TOTAL ALIGNMENT: A single milled sight line on the topline is the perfect focal cue, as this perpendicular line paired with the curved back wings and the dark sole plate’s flange milling provide confident alignment.
- SMALL SLANT NECK: The small slant neck lays back slightly and employs a seamless shaft-over setup for an uninterrupted view of the ball from address with about 3/4 shaft of offset in a configuration that encourages a bit of toe flow.