Tour Edge Hot Launch E522 Wedge
The Extreme Game Improvement Hot Launch E522 wedge features a super-wide Houdini sole that puts more weight below and behind the ball making it extremely easy to get the ball into the air and out of tough lies. The dual-flange sole design features 14-degrees of bounce allowing the wedge to glide through the turf or sand without digging in and promotes extreme open-face wedge shots.
- Houdini Sole - The patented Houdini Sole and its curved leading edge reduced turf interaction by 35%, promoting a “no dig” design and leading significantly less “duffs”, caused by hitting up on the ball and hitting the turf at a lower point before the ball.
- Super-Wide Sole - The super-wide sole and heavier head weight of the E522 Wedge helps to eliminate flubs for superior contact. It is engineered to versatility by adding extreme performance benefits to chipping, pitch shots, explosion shots out of the sand, shots out of the rough, flop shots and with bump-and-run shots.
- Super-Deep Undercut Cavity - This extremely deep undercut cavity dramatically lowers the Center of Gravity for the ultimate in wedge forgiveness. It redistributes mass for enhanced flight control and to create a higher launch with increased spin for extreme playability from the sand and rough.
- Extra Large Face Design - An oversized face design on the E range wedge provides more striking area for enhanced consistency and accuracy. It also raises the Moment of Inertia for enhanced precision around greens and enhance playability from the sand and rough.
- Full-Face Maximized Groove - The full-face coverage grooves of the E522 Wedge are maximized to USGA depth and sharpness. They provide exceptional spin and control across the entire face of the wedge.
- Premium Mitsubishi Fubuki HL and KBS MAX 80 Shafts - The E522 Wedge comes stock with a FUBUKI HL graphite shaft by Mitsubishi that ranges from 50-grams to 60-grams depending on the flex. It is also available in a KBS MAX 80 steel shaft.
- Stock Shaft/Graphite - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL (55-gram A-Flex, 55-gram Regular Flex, 60-gram Stiff Flex).
- Grip - Lamkin Z5 Rubber available in Undersize, Standard and Midsize.