FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $99
Posted March 22, 2022 in Products and Brands by Tom Brassell
Next Evolution of Mallet Line Offers New Tour-inspired Designs for 2022
CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 22, 2022)– Building upon the success and momentum of Phantom X mallets on the PGA Tour – highlighted by the historic putting performance of 2021 Player of the Year Patrick Cantlay – Scotty Cameron introduces the next evolution of the Phantom X family, bringing the most in-demand mallet shapes from the Tour to golfers everywhere.
With seven new models available on April 15 in golf shops worldwide, and three additional models arriving on June 17, the 2022 Phantom X mallet putter lineup features entirely new head shapes and updates to popular models. The putters also feature a new textured grip, new graphics and premium styling. Tour-preferred milled 303 stainless steel face construction carries through to nearly every new model.
Expanding on the overwhelming response to the March 2021 Phantom X line extension designs and their adoption by tour professionals, Scotty has updated the Phantom X 5 and 5.5 putters, redesigned the Phantom X 7 and 7.5 models, and created the brand-new Phantom X 9 and 9.5, all of which will be available in April with an updated Phantom X 12.
The new Phantom X 11 and 11.5 will be released in June 2022 with a straight-shafted Phantom X 5s, as well. These new mallets complete a 10-putter Phantom X lineup that promises to be the most compelling family of Scotty Cameron high-tech, high-performance mallets to date.
Each new 2022 Phantom X putter is an integration of steel and aluminum, with nine of the 10 models engineered specifically with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel face and body that’s expertly fused with a 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole and flange component. The new Phantom X 12 employs an aluminum face/sole with stainless steel wings for maximum MOI, while its slimmed-down flange section and extended alignment create a longer-looking, easier-to-aim update to the prior model.
The new additions to the Phantom X line offer golfers multiple mallet options in 33″, 34″ and 35″ lengths, each with one of four specific neck/shaft configurations:
Releasing April 15:
• Phantom X 5: Updated for 2022 with a new sole plate design and graphics, this Tour-proven, near-face balanced mid-mallet with a single bend shaft returns with a solid face configuration precision milled from 303 stainless steel, integrated with an updated aluminum sole plate and customizable stainless steel sole weights.
• Phantom X 5.5: The small slant/jet neck setup inspired by Justin Thomas’ prototype gamer returns in the latest Phantom X 5.5. Its solid face/body configuration is precision milled from 303 stainless steel and integrated with the line’s updated aluminum sole plate and customizable stainless steel sole weights. Also available left-handed.
• Phantom X 7: Completely updated for 2022 as a highly requested shape on Tour and introduced as the 2021 My Girl Limited, this angular wingback mallet with a single bend shaft and an integrated aluminum flange/sole component includes dual-purpose alignment features, a solid milled stainless steel face and new sole plate design. Its long, sharp wings not only create alignment value but reposition weight farther back, increasing stability and MOI.
• Phantom X 7.5: Identical to the Phantom X 7 but with a small slant/jet neck to promote slight toe flow, this all-new angular wingback mallet shape unveiled as the 2021 H21 Limited Proto has a solid milled stainless steel face with an integrated aluminum flange/sole component with enhanced alignment options in its longer, sharper wing design.
• Phantom X 9: Sharing design attributes of the popular Phantom X 5 and 11 shapes, this all-new, near-face balanced compact high-MOI wingback mallet has a solid milled stainless steel face and wings integrated with a rounded 6061 aluminum flange-sole component for a unique profile with simple alignment cues, a “connected” or “solid” look at address, and modern appeal.
• Phantom X 9.5: With its small slant/jet neck, this is the follow-up to the 2021 Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black Limited. This brand new high-MOI mallet has a solid milled stainless steel face carried through to the body/wings integrated with a 6061 aluminum sole-flange component for a unique profile with enhanced alignment features and toe flow.
• Phantom X 12: Redesigned with an elongated single continuous alignment line and updated with a thinner mid-section profile and new graphics, the new Phantom X 12 has the highest MOI in the line. With its single mid-bend shaft, swept-back wings precision milled from 303 stainless steel and aluminum face/body, this mallet promotes forgiveness with its perimeter weighting and superior sound and feedback. Left-handed version also available.
Releasing June 17:
• Phantom X 5s: As part of the upcoming summer release, the popular Phantom X 5 wingback mid-mallet shape enters the line with a straight shaft and a milled topline sight line for players favoring a straight-back-straight-through putting stroke and zero offset. This straight shafted model has a solid milled stainless steel face, customizable sole weights and sports the line’s new precision milled aluminum sole plate design.
• Phantom X 11: Updated with the 2022 Phantom X sole design and new graphics, the high-MOI face-balanced wingback Phantom X 11 arrives with a mid-bend shaft and a solid precision milled 303 stainless steel face, topline, body and wings integrated with an aluminum flange/sole component with simple alignment cues and customizable stainless steel sole weights. The new Phantom X 11 shares design similarities with the wingback Phantom X 12 and Phantom X 5, yet provides a new option in performance-oriented mallets for players seeking high MOI and stability in a more compact platform.
• Phantom X 11.5: Identical to the Phantom X 11 except for its shaft configuration, the new 11.5 adds another compact mallet option to the high-tech Phantom X line. This high-MOI wingback mallet with a low-bend shaft for slight toe flow and a solid precision-milled 303 stainless steel face, topline, body and wings integrated with an aluminum flange/sole component with simple alignment cues and customizable stainless steel sole weights features the line’s updated graphics and sole design.
The new Phantom X family got off to a fast start on the PGA Tour, as the champion of The American Express won the event playing a new Phantom X 7.5 model for the first time. He finished the week second in Strokes Gained: Putting (+6.402) while averaging 1.577 putts per green in regulation.
“The first time he put it down, the putter just set up perfect for him,” said Scotty Cameron Tour Rep Drew Page. “He was really impressed how it sat on the ground, and thought it looked great. It’s been the same story for many players who’ve put Phantoms in play. ‘Man, this thing sets on the ground perfect. I really like the way it looks.’ He rolled a few putts with it on Tuesday, I just threw his grip on and it went into play.”
Last season, Patrick Cantlay recorded the Tour all-time putting performance at the BMW Championship with his Phantom X 5, gaining more strokes putting (+14.6) than any player in a single tournament since they began tracking the statistic in 2004. He made 537 feet of putts over the 72 holes of regulation, the longest of any player on the PGA TOUR this season by a margin of 30 feet. Cantlay added another 33 feet, 6 inches of putts in the playoff, putting him over 570 feet (longer than 1 ½ football fields) for the week. The following week, he won the Tour Championship, his fourth victory of the season, and the FedEx Cup.
The current World No. 1 on the LPGA plays a Phantom X 5.5 – inspired by the Futura X 5.5 gamer that Justin Thomas has used to win 13 of his 14 PGA Tour titles. Max Homa (twice) and Garrick Higgo have each won on the PGA Tour playing Phantom X models, while C.T. Pan was one of two players to reach the podium in Tokyo last summer playing a Phantom X. Last season’s PGA TOUR Rookie of the year Will Zalatoris plays a Phantom X 11.
Each new Phantom X putter features advanced stability weighting with two customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights and stepless steel shafts.
Each new Phantom X putter comes with an updated Pistolero Plus grip with a non-slip and decorative texture that, like its Pistolero Plus predecessors, has less taper in the low hand for the ideal combination of size, feel and feedback when paired with Phantom X mallet putters.
New 2022 Phantom X stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant, yet glare resistant, appearance and texture. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been misted and anodized black. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities of the Phantom X 5, 5.5, 5s, 7 and 7.5 as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The sight lines on the Phantom X 5, 5.5, 5s are painted black, while sight lines on the Phantom X 7 and 7.5 employ a combination of black and white lines. The Phantom 9, 9.5, 11, 11.5 and 12 models’ sight lines are accented in light gray.
The new Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5, 5.5, 7, 7.5, 9, 9.5, and 12 putter models will be available worldwide beginning April 15, 2022, through Titleist authorized golf shops. The new Phantom X 5s, 11 and 11.5 models will be available on June 17, 2022. | MAP: $429